In the world of flooring, consumers have a lot of options approaching their home renovation projects. The style and quality of your new floors can depend heavily on the installation process and the materials involved. Your flooring choice will also play a major role in how you approach your task. Laminate flooring, for example, is a versatile and affordable flooring option. The tradeoff, however, is that some laminate flooring is thin and pliable. This makes the use of a laminate underlayment both necessary and highly beneficial when the subfloor is not cooperating.
Eco Cork Foam is here to serve as your quality laminate flooring underlayment to optimize the results of your remodeling project. Our cork and polyethylene foam blend works to create a product that is as resilient as it is efficient at protecting your floors and family. Floor underlayments are often an important part of any flooring project, but the need when installing laminate can be even higher. Today, we will look at how useful our laminate underlayment can be for the durability and enjoyment of your floors. If you want to learn more about our innovative product, be sure to contact us today!
Underlayment with a Purpose
Your flooring is built to last, but it can do even better with assistance. Eco Cork Foam strives to be the best underlayment for laminate flooring, and the benefits of our product certainly help in that endeavor. When you attach our underlayment to your floors, you can expect to benefit from:
- Smoother floors. Some subfloors may be rife with topographic issues, including uneven surfaces and minor gaps. Any discrepancy that is not resolved before installing your flooring can result in grooves and gaps, both of which can be uncomfortable underfoot and reduce the life of your floors. Eco Cork Foam is ⅛” thick, allowing for sturdy support while negating some of the more minor imperfections in your flooring.
- Drier floors. Moisture is often the bane of any man-made product, and it is definitely true when it comes to your laminate flooring. When exposed to moist conditions, flooring can buckle and warp, creating big problems for homeowners. While your hardwood floors can be pulled up, dried, and refinished, laminate will expand and begin to deteriorate when exposed to high levels of moisture. Our moisture barrier underlayment will work to effectively stop the transference of liquid, protect your flooring from below and keeping your subfloor safe from above.
- Safer floors. The moisture protection, when coupled with our antimicrobial technology, helps to create a safer environment for your family. Eco Cork Foam places a high priority on eco-friendly practices, and our products are made to prohibit the growth of mold and fungus on your underlayment. The result is a floor that is clean and free of harmful emissions.
- Warmer floors. With its R-Value of 0.47, ECF does provide an increase in the insulating benefits of your floor. Laminate flooring is thin, and when placed above concrete, the result is often cold floors and freezing feet! Floor underlayments help to cushion this section for better heat retention.
- Quieter floors. Our polyethylene and cork flooring underlayment scored very well in sound transmission and acoustical testing, setting a high mark for competitors. When you install our underlayment, you can expect a marked decrease in sound transmission between floors. This can be very helpful in higher-traffic areas such as apartment complexes.
- Long-lasting floors. Your flooring can benefit from the rigidity and support of our moisture barrier underlayment. With all of the supportive facets of our product, it should be easy to see the value of purchasing Eco Cork Foam.
Do I Need Laminate Underlayments for My Flooring?
While our polyethylene3
foam is ideal for nearly every situation, it is not a solve-all for every project. Doubling down on moisture barriers can damage your floors, especially if the subfloor is already soft and unsupportive. Underlayments should also be avoided if your flooring will be attached directly to the subfloor via glue. Every situation is different, which is why it’s helpful to talk to your laminate underlayment experts for assistance!
While floor underlayments are relatively unknown to many homeowners, the benefits of purchasing ECF makes the investment well worth the cost. Eco Cork Foam was designed to protect your laminate floors, providing a range of assistance to make your flooring more durable and enjoyable. Our use of eco-friendly materials that are built to last ensures that your family will be able to make the most out of your new laminate flooring. If you’re about to start your flooring project, be sure to buy a roll of our product at The Home Depot® or contact us today to learn more!