Eco Cork Foam underlayment is engineered for easy installation with a built-in 6 mil vapor barrier and self-sealing tape.
ECF is made from a proprietary process that merges FSC-certified cork with cross-linked polyethylene foam to create a product that is thicker and stronger than the competition. ECF is easy to cut but won’t tear or rip during installation. As the only underlayment with a built-in vapor barrier, ECF eliminates the need to purchase a separate barrier and avoids added installation costs.
Another great resource is our blog, where we provide technical information and answers to all your questions. Check out our Installation FAQs for answers to questions like these:
- Can you use ECF Underlayment in a nail-down application? Is it ok to drive nails through it?
- When using ECF Underlayment, what kind of tape is recommended for use around the perimeter or to adjoin the ends of each roll?
- Do I need to staple the underlayment to the subfloor?
- Can ECF be used with glue-down applications?
- Can ECF be used over existing ceramic tiles as a subfloor with new vinyl plank flooring?
- ECF instructions recommend leaving seams unsealed for wood subfloors. My flooring installer says otherwise. What should I do?
- Why does ECF suggest that the 6 mil vapor barrier be installed facing up when other underlayment products say to place the vapor barrier down first?
- Can ECF be installed with radiant flooring systems?
To find out just how easy it is, check out the installation resources below. If you have any remaining questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to get in touch. Our team is always available to give advice or answer questions.Ask More